Josh responded to an online call for local mullets. Through a previous WSU President, we found this crusty, dusty, mulleted man and we’re stoked that we did.
Nexus: Tell us a bit about yourself. Who are you and where are you from?
Josh: I’m Josh. I’m a tradie from the fuckin’ city of Tauranga. Lived here my whole life – went to Mount College, learnt fuck all and became a glazier like my old man. Can’t say I’d change a thing aye. It’s a humble life. Love a good piss up and some quality drum and bass.
Nexus: Take us through your mullet journey – where did it all begin?
Josh: I’d have to say it all began back in 2013 when I broke away from the current hair trends at the time and got myself a skullet at the tender age of 14. Unfortunately it wasn’t very favourable with the ladies so I had to part ways. Luckily, a mullet is like herpes, it might fade away for a little while but it’ll always come back.
Nexus: How would you describe your mullet?
Josh: My mullet is something of a revolution; old school with a modern twist. Something you’d take to a business meeting and the dance floor.
Nexus: What or who inspired you to get a mullet?
Josh: I would have to say about 60% of my mullet was inspired by Riff Raff AKA Neon Python AKA Jody Highroller AKA Mr. Lamborghini Leg Lock AKA Aquaberry Backfist. The other 40% was inspired by bogan pricks in AU Falcons.
Nexus: What are your mullet plans?
Josh: Grow her out and keep the party going. Maybe a fuckin’ dread or two if she stays healthy. Nothing fancy just straight up function. I wanna be able to take this baby anywhere.
Nexus: What kind of car do you drive?
Josh: Mate, just like the mullet, nothing too fancy aye. I’ve got the trusty Mazda Familia that’s been on my ‘rents front lawn for three months and a Nissan Urvan that’s geared up with glass frails and about 60 horsepower.
Nexus: What’s your favourite way to spend a night on the town?