What’s good, fitfam?
I know that wanting to grow the bootay is a major goal for many of y’all these days (not just the girls, either), so your favourite fitness gal threw together a wee peachy booty circuit workout you can do wherever (no gym = no excuses). Heck, do it on the beach in your ‘kini and feel fly as fuck if that’s what you wanna do.
I’ve done this workout multiple times and have seen some serious growth in the gluteal area myself, so take my word for it. Oh, and it won’t be easy…
What you’ll need:
- A resistance band
- Phone timer
- Your awesome self - that’s it!
I know it’s boring and you probably want to jump straight into the workout (just me?), but warming-up is super important for preparing your body for the stress it’s about to be under. Same goes for cooling-down and stretching after a workout - your body needs to slowly return to normal rather than suddenly stopping. Warm-ups can be fun, too. Since this is purely a bodyweight workout, you can make the warm-up whatever you wish. I’d suggest going at moderate intensity on any piece of cardio equipment, walking/running, skipping or anything else that’s not too intense—for about 5 minutes.
There are two circuits in this workout. Each needs to be repeated twice (so, complete Circuit One, rest and repeat, then do the same for Circuit Two). You will complete each exercise for 30 seconds and then jump straight into the next one - NO RESTING UNTIL YOU’VE COMPLETED THE CIRCUIT!
Since I love you guys so much, I’ve decided to make the first circuit the harder one. I’ve thrown in some compound movements to challenge you a bit, and then you will finish off with some isolation exercises to really target the glutes. You can thank me later.
- 30 seconds alternating lunges: stand tall and step forward with your left leg, lowering your body until your front knee is at 90 degrees; keeping your rear knee just off the ground. Push off you left foot and then return to the starting position. Swap legs and repeat.
- 30 seconds bodyweight squats: keeping your feet shoulder-width apart and toes slightly pointed out; slowly lower yourself as if you were sitting back into a chair. Go as deep as you can, and then drive back up, squeezing that tush as you come back to standing position.
- 30 seconds hip bridges (optional: add a resistance band around your knees to make it extra hard): Lie flat on the ground and bend your knees; keeping your feet about shoulder width apart. Push through your heels and lift your hips off the floor; squeezing your butt at the top (warning: this exercise looks extremely awkward if you make eye contact with someone while performing it).
30 seconds squat pulses: same deal with standard squats—you’re just gonna bob up and down slightly at the bottom.
REST FOR 1 MIN AND REPEAT CIRCUIT ONE
Get down on your hands and knees for this circuit, peeps; if you get sore knees, I would suggest placing a mat underneath you. Make sure you complete 30 seconds on BOTH legs for each of these exercises, before starting the next exercise.
- 30 seconds each leg - glute kickbacks: keeping your left leg straight, lift slightly it off the ground and squeeze your glutes, then lower it back down with control.
- 30 seconds each leg - donkey kicks: same deal as the kickbacks—except now you’re gonna bend your knee at 90 degrees, lifting it up and down with control.
- 30 seconds each leg - fire hydrants: still on your hands and knees with your left knee bent, raise out you left leg to the side, until your thigh is parallel to the floor. Return to the starting position with control.
REST FOR 1 MINUTE AND REPEAT CIRCUIT TWO
Time to allow your body to slowly and safely return back to its resting state. Take 5 minutes here to jump on some cardio equipment (going extremely light), walk up and down your driveway, or just stretch (and I mean actually stretch, don’t just sit there trying to touch your toes while scrolling through Insta).
Total workout time:
This workout should take approximately 20 minutes - that’s it!